Solutions Architect - Defence (WFH)
Solutions Architect, Defence – (Work from Home, Ottawa area)
Looking for a significant upgrade in your employer and your career?
Our client is an international systems integrator based Denmark. Systematic is on the grow in Canada! Ranked as the #1 Employer in the I/T Service space in their home country, they currently provide solutions in over 50 countries around the world. Even though their customers are active in many different fields (Public & Private, Healthcare, Defence, Intelligence & National Security and Library & Learning), what they do is quite narrowly focused. In their view, they make complicated things, simple.
Systematic takes a philanthropic view of life in general. There you can expect to work in an employee-focused and employee-driven environment. They are committed to investing in their team with the right tools, training, and opportunity for growth every day. See further below for benefits package – truly world-class!
Solutions Architect - Command and Control Systems
Clearance An active NATO secret Clearance is preferred.
As a Solutions Architect, you will be working with the development team to provide end-to-end technical solutions across several areas
· You will be expected to apply your advanced technical background to overcome any number of challenges on the projects you support.
- Deliver and implement our Command and Control system
- Advising our Customer in designing and deploying our system
· You will help to deliver both pre-sales and post-sales support to a variety of customers and business partners.
· You will be expected to participate in customer meetings to align strategies and determine business and technical requirements that will be used in developing solutions or solution alternatives.
· You should be able to demonstrate the ability to determine the fit between a client’s requested deployment and the defined deployment criteria of the product suite.
Overall Technical Responsibilities
· Develop and refine technical solutions that meet or exceed all technical requirements while working closely with customers
· Create solution architecture figures, content, and artifacts that clearly communicate the solution
· Work closely with the product team to support a wide variety of development activities
· Serve as a hands-on solution architect and leverage expertise in architecting, designing, and building medium to large-scale systems
· Oversee and mentor other Engineers in support activities
· Background and/or degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
· 8 + years of industry experience preferably in engineering or related discipline
· Strong technical presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
· Strong background in IT system administration, infrastructure concepts and technologies incl. virtualization
· Broad technical background in internet security principles
· Must have a good understanding of the sales process and the roles and responsibilities which lies within.
· Military knowledge or experience is an advantage but not a requirement
· Minimum 10 years+ Canadian Residency to aid in obtaining necessary Government of Canada security clearances.
· Travel Up to 25% (Primarily in Canada)
· Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, high energy environment
· Easy adaptable to changing environment
· Ability to work independently, adapt quickly, and maintain a positive attitude
· Strong background in IP communication, IP routing and IP related protocols incl. firewalling
· Thorough understanding of web communication protocols and technologies such as HTTP(S), TLS, reverse proxy etc.
· Working knowledge of Cloud principle technologies Azure, AWS, etc.
· Working knowledge of defense industry communication technologies, such as SATCOM, 3G, LTE, tactical radios, LAN/WAN, WIFI, etc.
· Working knowledge of one or more of defense interoperability standards, such as USTMF, VMF, APP-11, MIP, Link 16, NFFI, CoT, etc . are preferred
Bilingual candidates will be given preference.
Our client takes great pride in offering their employees one of the best benefits packages in our industry. This includes but is not limited to:
· 100% Employer paid monthly premiums for Health, Dental and Vision insurance for employees and their families
· Retirement plan with company match up.
· A Comprehensive paid time off which includes 15 Days of Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, 3 Floating Holidays and 5 Sick Days
· Training and Certification reimbursement
· Gym/Health club reimbursement
· $150/Month Technology Stipend for cell phone and home internet usage
For further details and consideration, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply online or to send their resume directly to email@example.com