Indigenous Project Leader – Real Property
Indigenous Project Leader – Intermediate, Real Property
Our client, for an immediate placement is seeking two (2) Intermediate Project Leaders to join their project team to work on either an initial 12 month sub-contract or term employment in downtown Ottawa (likely work from home to start) with their high-profile client Canadian Government client. This assignment is likely to extend 3-years, possibly longer.
If you are a First Nations, Metis and/or Inuit person with experience in retail leasing, please read-on and/or reach out to The Source to explore! Our client is a 100% First Nation-owned management consulting firm that complies with the Procurement Strategy for Aboriginal Business (PSAB) and as such an employer of choice for First Nations, Metis and Inuit professionals.
Indigenous Project Leader (Intermediate) general expected responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Intermediate Project Leader (x2) - General expected responsibilities;
· Lead projects through a National Project Management System lifecycle.
· Identification, planning and development of client requirements, scope, in-service date and budget (including all relevant project costs i.e. communications, stakeholder activities, environmental, real estate, etc.)
· Lead the completion and approval of deliverables to implement the project by researching trends and statistics in the commercial real estate market.
· Study commercial real estate trends and analyze commercial real estate deals / investment opportunities. Prepare recommendations for investment opportunities.
· On-going monitoring to ensure the investment opportunity is within funding approval levels with support of the analyst and that funds are available and that accurate forecasts are maintained throughout the various phases of the project;
· Ensuring client approvals and funding are acquired within the project timeframes;
· Preparation and submission of progress reports to the appropriate authority;
· Participating in the Project Review Advisory Committee meetings
· Ensuring that Project Managers perform adequate project planning to address the size, scope, complexity, risk, visibility and administrative needs of specific projects;
· Overseeing all internal aspects of the investment opportunity, including general supervision of the project management framework to ensure that all approved project objectives are met;
· Ensuring a formal Lessons Learned process is undertaken and completed
Indigenous Project Leader qualifications:
- Must have or be eligible to obtain Secret Security Clearance
- Experience performing retail leasing duties, as described above
- University degree or college diploma in a relevant field
- Relevant professional certification is an asset
- Minimum of 4 plus years of relevant work experience including Project Leadership.
Preference will be given to those applicants who self-identify as First Nations, Metis, or Inuit.
Please self-identify and specify the number of years of relevant experience and highlight the key projects you have worked on in your application and/or cover letter.
For further details and consideration, qualified applicants are encouraged to apply online or to send their resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org