Human Resources Director
Human Resources Director
Exciting and challenging opportunity to create and grow a brand-new corporate HR Department within an established, 500+ employee organization in the hospitality sector, local to the Ottawa area!
HR Director Key Responsibilities: establishing and overseeing the new Corporate HR Department, creating the HR vision, and developing and implementing a consistent set of HR strategies, policies and procedures. It is critical that the incumbent is highly skilled in partnering with leaders and employees, to gain buy-in and commitment.
Job Title: Human Resources Director
Reports to: Sr. VP
nb.: this role will be at the same executive level as all Hotel and location GMs, all reporting to the Sr. VP
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Human Resources Director to lead and manage the HR function for a group of 5 top banner hotels in Ottawa, Ontario. The HR Director will be responsible for establishing a new HR department, developing and implementing HR strategies and policies, and ensuring compliance with all relevant employment laws and regulations. The ideal candidate will possess an CHRL designation, have experience in change management and be exceptional at quickly establishing trust and strong partnerships with managers and employees.
- Establish a new HR team and department, including hiring and training HR staff as needed.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and policies to support the hotels' growth and success, including those related to recruitment, salary and benefits, employee relations, H&S, and performance management.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant employment laws and regulations, including those related to collective agreements.
- Lead and manage change management initiatives with a highly consultative approach as the HR function takes shape throughout the properties.
- Serve as a point of contact for employees to address concerns or issues, and work to resolve conflicts and improve communication within the organization.
- Assess the needs of the organization and develop strategies to support its growth and development, such as evolving workplace trends, succession planning and leadership development programs.
- Collaborate with hotel management to align HR goals and initiatives with the overall goals and strategy of the organization.
Applicants are not required to have previous Hospitality industry experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field required.
- CHRP or preferably CHRL certification or equivalent provincial HR certification if outside Ontario.
- 7+ years of experience in a HR leadership role, including experience setting up a new HR team and department and establishing new HR processes and policies.
- Strong understanding of employment laws and regulations, including experience with collective agreements.
- Demonstrated ability to build teams and gain buy-in from managers and employees.
- Excellent listening and communication abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and trust building skills.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution abilities.
- Proficiency with HRIS systems and other HR-related technology.