Director, Laboratory Proficiency Testing
Director, Lab Proficieny Testing (Toronto)
Full Time/Perm/full benefits – Work from home to start, Offices centrally located, “post-COVID-19”. 120-150k (+?)
Out client, proudly Canadian is one of the World’s leading organizations focused on developing quality standards, assessment programs and other tools to help care providers do what they do best, save and improve lives.
If you have a strong scientific background and are an experienced senior leader with a background in administration of medical laboratories, this position could be for you!
Our client has been providing internationally recognized proficiency testing programs through its Centre for Proficiency Testing (PT) for over 45 years.
If you’re seeking a new challenge, now is the time, as laboratory medicine is changing at a rapid pace! As the Director of the Centre for Laboratory Proficiency Testing, you and your team will ensure that the Proficiency Testing programs are aligned with these changes and aptly designed to provide accuracy in the laboratory. You will build our client’s high standards and have responsibility for supporting services that are tailored to the current and future healthcare and laboratory environments. You will engage stakeholders in the value-add of proficiency testing and quality improvement of laboratory services. You will oversee your team to provide clinically relevant and client-centered services, manage risks and quickly identify short and long-term tactics and strategies to mitigate risks. You will work closely with our client’s scientific committees to plan future surveys, analyze performance, follow up on discordant results and support the development of committee comments and publications in peer reviewed journals. At times, you may be required to represent our client on external committees and to participate in scientific meetings, including developing posters and delivering presentations.
We’re looking for a strong leader who approaches everything with the leadership attributes that are key to our organization: Courage, Humility, Empowerment, and Individual Accountability. If you’re right for this role, you are strategic, have a commitment to our bold vision, and are excited to make a positive contribution.
Let’s break it down:
You have a unique history. Does it include the education and experience listed below?
- 10+ years of relevant medical laboratory experience.
- Science degree BSc, MSc or higher, related to medical laboratory sciences.
- Broad understanding and network throughout the laboratory disciplines.
- Highly skilled at leading and driving high performance teams.
- Strong communication and change management skills.
- Superior negotiation skills.
- Highly sophisticated technical/ business analysis and facilitation for problem solving, making difficult decisions and testing concepts.
- A proven ability to develop collaborative stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally.
You’ll stand out if you...
- Have experience in designing proficiency testing programs.
- Have completed relevant Quality Management/Quality systems certification.
- Are fluently bilingual (French/English).
For more information or for consideration, kindly apply online and/or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org